Tiger Park @ Phuket
Tiger Park Phuket only opened its doors at the beginning of 2019. The facility is a second venue operating in conjunction with Tiger Park @ Pattaya. The facility is designed in much the same way and follows the same managerial structure and approach. The facility offers the same types of photo packages as well as offering up numerous statements regarding drugging, chains, forceful interactions with tigers and the tiger trade. Currently the area is larger than that of Tiger Park @ Pattaya with tigers having more space.
How Many Tigers?
- Cages measure 4x4m
- Each is concrete-floored and contains a wooden platform and clean water
- Enclosures are average size
- Each as grass, trees, platforms and a pond
- Minimal enrichment items
- Additional shade covering provided
- Trees are protected with electricity preventing tigers interacting with them
Physical & Mental Health
Body condition is adequate
No signs of injury
Some stereotypy observed
Some tigers were friendly and playful
Staff generally treated them well
What we are doing to help
At this time we are raising awareness for the situation of the captive tigers in Thailand through education of the public and through a number of different petitions.
Head to our Petition zone to see how you can help.